We always do our best to accommodate as many children and their families as possible. For Prep-Year 6 we are accepting children where we are your closest school.
The Find My School website is a single source provided by DET to visually represent all school zones throughout Victoria and to make it easier to find your local neighbourhood school or other public school options.
The first step to enrolling your child at Brunswick South Primary School is to attend a school tour. Please make a time for a tour of our school with our Principal, Trevor Strolla or our Assistant Principal, Marg Weymouth. You can book a tour via https://www.trybooking.com/CFWTH.
This page contains information for families on how to enrol their child in a Victorian government school and outlines the timeframes for submitting Foundation (Prep) enrolment applications for the 2024 school year. Starting school page
You can download a Student Enrolment form here. A paper version of the form is available at the school office, or you may complete the online version and email it to us.
When submitting the enrolment form please, also attach:
- Your child’s Birth Certificate
- Your child’s Immunisation Certificate/Record
- Proof of residence – utility bill, driver’s licence, rental agreement, etc. (for new families to the school.)
- To commence primary school, children must be five years old by 30th April the year they start school.
The Department of Education (DE) has released a new state-wide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Brunswick South Primary School.
The new timeline will apply for children starting Foundation (Prep) in 2024. All government primary schools will follow the new timeline in 2023 to support Foundation (Prep) enrolments for the 2024 school year.
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep). You can also download the
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2024 at Brunswick South Primary School from 24 April 2023.
What you need to do:
- Contact our school Brunswick South Primary School to book a school tour or to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process
- Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep) (available from 24 April 2023)
- Submit a Student Enrolment Form 2024 for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 28 July 2023
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 11 August 2023. If you receive an offer of placement, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 25 August 2023
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2023
Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Tuesday 30 January 2024.
*Enrolment applications submitted after 28 July 2023 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.